My art is a reflection of my passion for color and my desire to inspire joy in those who view it in their homes. Through my art, I aim to create a sense of wonder and playfulness that can transport us beyond the stresses of daily life.
As a self-trained artist within a family of professional artists, my creative journey is a unique fusion of inherited inspiration and individual exploration. I have always felt a deep connection to the world of art. Growing up surrounded by the vibrant colors and diverse forms of artistic expression, I developed an innate passion to create. As I worked through a corporate career my art emerged as 'doodles' that covered the margins of my work notes.
Inspired by the spontaneous and whimsical nature of doodling, doodles are still at the heart of my creative process. My paintings are characterized by simplicity and an emphasis on vibrant, bold, uplifting colors.
This most current collection of work is a celebration of colorful abstract florals using painted paper collage and acrylic paint. Vibrant, free-flowing abstract floral compositions crafted to deliver a ‘jolt of joy’ to the viewer, providing a striking and beautiful decoration for any home.
Frequently, viewers of my art say that it evokes happiness and positive emotions. It is very rewarding to create work that inspires a joyful response. Many have labelled my paintings as "happy art." I believe this is the best compliment my work can receive
- 2024: MAUD Gallery Edmonton
- 2024: "STILL" Exhibition hosted online by the Square Foot Show
- 2023: "Square Foot Show", Group Show Exhibition, Westland Gallery London, ON
- 2023: "Matilda Squared Group Show" Matilda Gallery and Art Bar Stratford ON
- 2023: "7th Annual Group Summer Show," Group Exhibition, Blue Crow Gallery, Toronto ON
- 2023: "Celebrating Women Artists," Group Show Exhibition, Taren White Gallery, Paris ON
- 2023: "Florals Exhibition," Group Show Exhibition, Taren White Gallery, Paris ON
- 2022: “Square Foot Show” Group Show Exhibition, Westland Gallery, London ON
- “Foodle Doodle June” 2022 and 2023, Yvonne Nangle art creations sale of art to support the London Food Bank, raised $760 in 2022 and $940 in 2023.
Artistic Style: My art is characterized by its simplicity and an emphasis on bold, uplifting colors. Doodling is at the heart of my creative process, and it lends an air of whimsy and spontaneity to each piece.
Artistic Influences: My family's artistic background and their passion for self-expression have profoundly influenced my creative journey. My artistic journey has also been influenced by the works of modern abstract artists, including Wassily Kandinsky, and Henri Matisse and the graphic collage style of Eric Carle
Viewer Reactions: Frequently, viewers of my art say that it evokes happiness and positive emotions. It is very rewarding to create work that inspires a joyful response.